CARBODILITE promotes adhesion to various substrates and protects from deterioration by hydrolysis and lowering of water-absorbing property as modified agent for electronic materials such as epoxy resin.
- Good adhesion promotion for metal, organic materials or inorganic materials
- Preventing hydrolysis of ester bond and keep good adhesion
- Lowering of water-absorbing property for epoxy resin
- Halogen free
- Good compatibility with various adhesives
||High viscous liquid
(Transparent yellow brown)
**Chemical formula weight per 1 mole of carbodiimide group
- V-05 has high viscosity, we recommended it warm about 158°F/70°C and use it after becoming low viscosity.
- V-05 is soluble in toluene, ethyl acetate, MEK, MIBK, etc.
- Don't use active hydrogen content solvent and alcohol.
- Hydrolysis stabilizer for polyester resin and ester-type polyurethane resin
- Good adhesion promotion
Hygrothermal Resistant Test
- Adhesive : Polyester-polyurethane base
- Curing agent : Isocyanate
- Addition agent : CARBODILITE V-05 (3%, 5%)
- Substrate : PET film / PET film
- Test Condition : 176°F/80°C × 95%RH
CARBODILITE improved initial adhesion strength and durability.
- Main resin : Biophenol A epoxy resin 85.5%, Curing agent 12.8%, Thickener 1.7%
- Curing agent : CARBODILITE V-05
- Adhesive condition : 212°F/100°C × 4hours + 302°F/150°C × 4hours
- Test method : Pressure cooker test (248°F/120°C × 2.5hours, Change in weight)
CARBODILITE reduces water-absorbing property of epoxy resin.
Reaction of Carbodiimide
Carbodiimide group of CARBODILITE reacts with Carboxyl group as shown below.
Carbodiimide group of CARBODILITE reacts with Epoxy group as shown below.
Regulation (Update Nov.2014)
*You must agree with Consent Order.
**All raw materials are registered or pre-registered.